BA Drama Alumni Ithaca College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating my update on Dillingham

Go down

Updating my update on Dillingham Empty Updating my update on Dillingham

Post  Dr Jack Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:55 am

Hi guys!

We seem to have hit the doldrums with this forum -- I'm going to put out a call for new members as soon as I get un-swamped at IC -- but I thought I'd let you know what's happening with Dillingham renovations.

I've already written (I think) that the first and third productions have been switched, as Metamorphoses is much more tech-heavy than The Exonerated. The construction is so far behind that we've made a deal with the construction team that they would move out of the Clark and the Hoerner and we would move in for tech rehearsals and runs of The Exonerated (opens later this week) and The Wild Party. Then the construction workers move back in. I'm not certain yet about Metamorphoses.

How do we do this? By pretending we're a traveling show, moving into an empty space (apologies to Peter Brook!) -- they are putting lights, modifying set design as needed etc -- quite a mess or quite an adventure, deoending on your take. I know Kristin Loughry, the sm for Wild Party, is excited but also more than a little nervous about it!

That's the latest! more soon I hope!
Dr Jack
Dr Jack
Admin

Male Number of posts : 33
Job : Associate Professor Department of Theatre Arts Ithaca College
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://badramalums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down