BA Drama Alumni Ithaca College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back to school -- a little info and a thought or two

2 posters

Go down

back to school -- a little info and a thought or two Empty back to school -- a little info and a thought or two

Post  Dr Jack Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:54 am

Hi guys! We've started up at IC again, 15 new BAs and internal transfers already banging on the doors -- it's been a bit of a disaster, or at least a comedy of errors, as the renovations to Dillingham got waaaay behind schedule and the cost overrun in updating the two theatres is outrageous, which means that the rest of our plans, for the rest of the building, may have to be put on hold or shelved -- in the process my office and Cynthia Henderson's office got flooded -- not much damage to anything of value in my office, but as you can imagine it's quite a mess.

We've also set our season back and have switched two of the plays in the first semester -- Smiddy has also been renovated, but little of that has been finished -- and the Textor classrooms have also been completely re-done -- but they too are behind schedule -- some of the tech equipment is running, but most is not --

all in all a crazy way to begin a semester!

I have been thinking, as we begin the semester, that only a bit later this year our students will be thinking about internships and summer jobs -- this might be a good place to post any YOU might have, and from here I can relay them to the students. The last Tuesday in November I have slated a BA meeting about summer jobs, so if before that any of you know of possible jobs/internships, do let me know!

and very best to all of you -- I think I might send a second note out about the forum to other alums who might have forgot about it -- take care! happy new school year!
Dr Jack
Dr Jack
Admin

Male Number of posts : 33
Job : Associate Professor Department of Theatre Arts Ithaca College
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://badramalums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

back to school -- a little info and a thought or two Empty Re: back to school -- a little info and a thought or two

Post  Britney Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 pm

Wow! Sounds like a real mess!! I hope that everything gets up and running in time for the fall season...You should find someone to take pictures of the place and post them on here! I'm dying to see what it looks like. I'm trying to find a day off in the rehearsal schedule to come visit IC, but our rehearsal time is so minimal we aren't going to have many days off.

Apologies for not replying to your e-mail. I've been busy winding up Cabaret and starting in on A Chorus Line with RB and Katie Delaney (there's something to tell your BAs about! make friends with each other and you can get each other work when you graduate...)

All the best to the new BAs/Transfers. I hope the school year starts off well!

Britney
Britney
Britney

Female Number of posts : 24
Job : Stage Manager
Other Interests : Singing and playing guitar
Class of : 2008
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum