BA Drama Alumni Ithaca College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a word or two on 'alternate' paths

Go down

a word or two on 'alternate' paths Empty a word or two on 'alternate' paths

Post  Dr Jack Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:44 am

Because I sent out a survey on the London Center recently and also invited a lot of BA alums to join this forum, I have received newsy e-mails from many, and remain boggled at the good work in all sorts of areas that our alums are doing. I won’t mention names, as this is off the top of my head and I don’t want anyone to feel left out, but I had word of two alums practicing law, three others IN law school, several others in assorted grad programs – writing, library science, social work, at least three in PhD programs – and others moving into a wide variety of professions: one training in Chinese medicine, one who just got her RN, along with, event planners, nutritionists, published authors, paralegals, LOTS of teachers/educators (the noblest profession – I write with NO prejudice! heh heh), alums involved with important political campaigns and so on. Several have stayed in the performing arts but have shifted focus to film and tv. Many, in addition to working in varied fields, are married and have brought new life onto the planet (“the world MUST be peopled,” said Benedick in Much Ado), several others have recently become engaged to be married…I could go on and on, but suffice to say that the BA degree is every bit as much about these and many other professions as it is about the theatre. I’ve received notes from many who, no matter how far afield their work seems from theatre, have USED what they learned in our BA Drama program in many different ways, to many different ends. And that of course is supremely satisfying to me! Proud of you all!

If you’d like, you can check out my website (required by the college, but kind of fun, I must admit) in which I have updates on approximately 175 former students, who have written me telling me what’s up with them – if you’re on the list but want what I’ve written updated or changed, if you’re not on the list and want to be, send a note! Here’s the site: http://www.ithaca.edu/hs/depts/theatre/facstaff/hrkach/ -- my best to all of you!
Dr Jack
Dr Jack
Admin

Male Number of posts : 33
Job : Associate Professor Department of Theatre Arts Ithaca College
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://badramalums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down